Friday, October 23, 2020

FanArt_ink.Rip

  
MTGinktober shreds up Day 23, "Rip," starring Domri Rade!

 
 I had a pretty good idea of what to draw here, but knew it was crucial to keep it relatively simple since I was also scheduled to pull a full day of virtual phonebanking, so I'd be sapped of energy more than usual, and only had about an hour or so to draw and another to ink.  The idea was to incorporate a pun of a "ripped" dead character--Domri's fourth appearance, by the way-- ripping pictures of other dead characters--rip.  They all died in War of the Spark, coincidentally.
 
 
Fun Facts: With this piece, we are now onto completely new supplies--we replaced our nib here, and switched to new ink here, and are now using a "new" old book of Bristol board (rather than our completely filled sketchbook, spanning back to 2015!), so our dimensions will be a bit different going forward--I'm actually dividing each Bristol page roughly in half, so they will even be a little further off among themselves. The tools are all working well together, though this paper seems to eat ink rapidly, which is mildly concerning, but I'm confident we can last the rest of the month.


 Easter Eggs: The other characters getting memorialized here are actually two of my least favorite designs, the caveman Gideon, and the 90s romance novel coverboy and beaten deadhorse Dack Fayden.  Meanwhile I used my trusty favorite (OG) Domri Rade iteration, but his JP hairdo.
 
Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: