Thursday, October 22, 2020

FanArt_ink.Chef

MTGinktober cooks up Day 22, "Chef," starring Hanna, Ship's Navigator!
 

This was a treat to draw, as it recalled one of my earliest comics influences, back when I started drawing comics.  I reread the first volume (and chapter, specifically) of One Piece over and over to inspire, but also flat-out teach me how to draw and write comics.

As for the gag, I thought it'd be funny to have One Piece's famous flirt try to charm a Magic character, and in this case Magic's version of the One Piece navigator, Nami.

Fun Facts: Today's page provided by the bonus piece in progress to the post-MTGinktober request for a drawing of Arvad--it wasn't looking good anyway, and I'm happy to sac it to give it another go later on.


Easter Eggs:  Obviously, our guest star is Sanji from One Piece.  The background comes mainly from the Double Masters version, and my signature is carved into the wooden design in the back.  I normally prefer the pre-time skip versions of the OP crew, but went with the neo take for the sake of ease as at this point, that version is probably more familiar to people, but I included a flower on Sanji's lapel as a reference to hana, the Japanese word for flower.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: