Wednesday, October 16, 2019

FanArt_ink.Wild


MTGinktober thrashes madly into Day 16, "Wild," starring Domri Rade and Vivien Reid!


I was dreading drawing Vivien, but she actually ended up not being as grating or difficult as I feared. But I wanted to pick two law-apathetic planeswalkers for this, and riotous Domri and wilds-repping Vivien fit the bill. I have long since muted voices on Arena, but her constant blabbing about the wilds is burned into my eardrums, so that's the main reason I drafted her.


Fun Facts: This might be the first piece I've ever done where no character is especially based on any specific card--both are blends of their various depictions, though I suppose Domri here leans more on his OG card--such a cool Tyler Jacobson art. This is Domri's third MTGinktober appearance, love drawing this dude, but his revamped version definitely looks (and SOUNDS!) more annoying. Don't get me started on his brain-bulleting voice on Arena. This woulda been Vivien's second apperance, she was slated to star in last year's "Stretch" before I threw in the towel.


Easter Eggs: The boars are based on the classic Invader Zim piggy model, and you'll note there are 30-50 of these feral fools. The background is my favorite Evolving Wilds, which turns out to be the first printing, I just found out (I hate the blind allegiance and nostalgia for first printings' art).

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: