Saturday, October 26, 2019

FanArt_ink.Dark


MTGinktober obfuscates into Day 26, "Dark," starring whatever the heck is going on in Word of Command!


Yeah, man, I'm super exhausted and thought this would be a nice change of pace to get some recovery time in, plus I was inspired to see some really sweet Word of Command alternate art for the MTGO avatar, so I know this art can have more going on than one would think initially.


Fun Facts: The only tricky part about this one was settling on an expression (I went for more of a sneer), and trying not to make my signature too blatant (tough). I basically never digitally fix MTGinktobers, no matter how much it pains me, aside from simply lightening whites and darkening blacks that already exist, but this is the first piece where, in order to save my dwindling ink supply, I filled in digital black to juice the surrounding shadows. This is also my first piece completed on one inkwell draw.


Easter Eggs: Nothing really, aside from roughing in some general facial shapes that I later shadowed over. I knew these details wouldn't make the final image, but I had ink loaded in my G-Pen to spare and thought I might as well get some live-ink hatching practice in.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: