Saturday, October 5, 2019

FanArt_ink.Build


MTGinktober constructs Day 5, "Build," starring Dark Confidant and Emrakul, the Promised End!

This is pretty straightforward because I was expecting a meeting today, so I didn't want to commit to anything too intense that would preclude multi-tasking. So it's Bob the Builder meets MTG's Bob. The gag is that when you build a deck with Bob, you wanna do your best not to have (too m)any high-cost cards (I'm thinking Cube and other Limited formats mostly, but it's certainly also true for Constructed, of course), because Bob'll bite you in the butt if you're not careful, ie. 15ing you for flipping Emrakul.


Fun Facts: Even though Emrakul's more famous 15-cost version is the one I'm referencing in the visuals, I modeled this one after the Eldritch Moon version, which had a perfect perspective to work from (see how Emrakul's peeking out from the top of the deck, so our playtester is about to take a 75% life cut).


Easter Eggs: The life pad shows a tester continually losing with this terrible Bobrakul brew. Also, although I used the Scott M. Fischer's costume, I mimicked the Ron Spears's pose and staff. I chose to use Scott M. Fischer's less iconic version as the primary reference cuz Fisher-Price makes Bob the Builder toys. I also hid Mr. Fischer's signature fish bones in the crown. "Forget about Em" references "Forgot about Dre," by Eminem, or "Em," cuz the tester's thinking he should scrap the Emrakul part of his Bob deck. And the speech bubble plays on Bob's catchphrase, "Can we build it?"

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: