Sunday, October 20, 2019

FanArt_ink.Tread


MTGinktober tramples into Day 20, "Tread," starring Gilded Goose, Rotting Regisaur, and Embercleave!


There's this really cool deck making a splash recently, notably at the recent Arena Pro Tour, piloted by Yukuhiro Ken, featuring the devastating combo of a sword-wielding zombisaur, and the image of such an actual happening has been such an intriguing concept that I wanted to give it a shot myself.


Fun Facts: This composition came to me just as I was about to go to bed (I check the day's prompt right after midnight so I can think it over a bit before and after I sleep). When thinking about a background, I initially thought of a jungley setting, but then I consulted the actual decklist, and thought it'd be cooler to illustrate the deck literally by using one of its very lands, Tournament Grounds, wherein he literally battles Gilded Goose.


Easter Eggs: The pose our Gilded Goose is in is based on a famous(?) classical painting called Peacock and Hunting Trophies, from 1708, which is still seven years younger than Yale, interestingly enough. We're so old.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: