Thursday, October 31, 2019

FanArt_ink.Ripe


MTGinktober thrives into Day 31, "Ripe," starring Nissa, Vital Force and Utopia Tree!


AH! WE DID IT! This is only my second time clearing all 31 days! I feel like I really did level up this year, like I can draw better faster at long last (this has been a giant weight on my neck for the longest time). I’m feeling oddly emotional, like I just ended something dear, though. I guess it might be the fear that now that Inktober’s done, my big showcase moment every year, it’s more or less back to mediocrity, mundanity, and irrelevance, as most people don't care about my non-MTG artwork, to be perfectly frank. Plus there's the growing dread of having to give up art soon.


Fun Facts: This is actually Utopia Tree's second MTGinktober appearance, believe it or not, as our go-to fruit reference, since Foreboding Fruit felt too generic. And Nissa has actually only appeared once before, in our first year, 2016, one of my absolutely most popular pieces of all time. I decided to close with Nissa as a final gimme to people sticking it out over a month of obscure characters.


Easter Eggs: The background comes from Utopia tree, and as is custom, we hide our signature in the tree trunk.

Thanks so much for tuning in for MTGinktober and I hope to see you next year. Also, to celebrate hitting all 31 days, I'm down to do a couple requests, just email or message me and we'll see if we can make it happen (cool requests only).

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: