Tuesday, October 29, 2019

FanArt_ink.Injured


MTGinktober bleeds into Day 29, "Injured," starring Liliana, Heretical Healer and Stuffy Doll!


I try to cast less famous characters as much as possible for MTGinktober, but I thought I might "sell out" on these last few pieces after being pretty good about that so far, and as a treat to viewers who've been patiently hanging on this year. So I've been looking for an excuse to cast Liliana for a while, and this felt like a great spot, since it's a twist on her earlier healer days--she needs the healing, though I wanted to make sure to have her smiling through the pain. I didn't want to draw a battered Josu cuz he's kinda gross looking, so we needed a co-star...


Fun Facts: Since we were going to have a Liliana illustration dealing with pain that involves a supporting character, who better than Stuffy Doll for a prequel to their first illustration? So this is a depiction from their early days, when they'd chillax at cemeteries at night with impunity, knowing Stuffy always had her back.


Easter Eggs: A couple crows as a nod to the Raven Man. The little tombstone had the wrong date on it, but I caught it just before going to inks, fortunately. Roman numerals, huh.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: