Tuesday, October 1, 2019

FanArt_ink.Ring


It's the most wonderful time of the year--#MTGinktober, party people! Let's do this! Sounding true to Day 1, it's "Ring," starring Sisay (mine is a mix of her current two cards' looks) and a plethora of things that bling!


I gathered as many Magic rings as possible and had well enough for the full, ten-finger treatment, but given they'd get kinda sardined, I settled on the following: Ring of Three Wishes, Aladdin's Ring (Stuart Griffin version), Ring of Gix, Ring of Ma'rûf, and Ring of Thune; and on the other hand: Aladdin's Ring (Dan Frazier version), Sisay's Ring (Donato version), Sisay's Ring (David Martin version), and finally Ring of Evos Isle.


But wait, there's more. The background is based on Sisay, Weatherlight Captain's but instead of a lovely rain, we have Mage-Ring Network. Not to mention I used Sisay's older depiction, especially her Vanguard card for those arm ring things. Ok is that it? No. See Easter Eggs for even more.


Fun Facts: Twitter is having an issue with posting images, so I'm actually debuting today's piece here. Also, when I saw this prompt, my main goal was not to draw Sol Ring, since that is way too easy a reference. Also, this might be the first female mid-drift I've drawn! Tasigur was the on-ramp.

Easter Eggs: The booty Sisay's next to is none other than a chest from Treasure Cove. I don't know the Weatherlight crew too well, but I thought it'd be cool if a sky captain had treasure on her ship.


All right, feels great to be back in the saddle. Hope I can complete all 31 days. And to tide you over until tomorrow, feel free to check out last year's recap thread on Reddit here.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: