Wednesday, February 3, 2010

YDN_zlm.JohnnySalami

This comic brought to you by the letter E and the number Zero.

Zero Like Me #72:
Johnny Salami, or: Baby, I'll Be Your Minstrel
<- Previous...Next->
-First-

Easter Eggs: "Yale" and "LOL" in panel 1, Godfather jamz in panel 2, Majin Buu crest, special hat and the Gaboozo Bruddas in panel 3, shout out to my oldest YDN Bwoss from beyond the tomb.

Fun Facts: Today's setting is jolly old JE, from whom I've just received a book deal! Golly, aren't you excited?

Baa: This series is called Zero Like Me, of course, so please understand if I move on and deal with stuff that matters to me now--we're back to business as usual, meaning subtly suicidal subjects shall reign supreme. For closure on recent events, I implore sports enthusiasts to read comics more deeply than mere pictures juxtaposed with words; there are things such as sarcasm, irony, and fiction in play, with only a touch of reality (same goes for what I write on this site, grrrr!). Also, as I've learned from the previous comic, it is apparently unsportsmanlike conduct to defend against an opponent's offense...really? You're the sports people, so I'mma have to take your word for it...

Finally, let me state once again for the record I do not care if you are an athlete, a member of chess club, the model UN, or the Future Gangstas of America, you're just another body in my way at Commons. But you are also just another Yalie, which means I immediately give you the benefit of the doubt that you can perform close reading. Also, unless you're football or basketball, I really have no real interest in your sport. If you are getting the impression that I have something against athletes, you have no idea what you're talking about, especially if you're going off a poorly researched Rumpus article which included as its centerpiece a comic where my sporty character's cutthroat-intelligent spice got censored. Sports/athletes do not interest me. If you are still feeling on edge, just check this out, son.

And as a reminder, the only grudges/vendettas I hold are against myself and FroCos. There was sarcasm in part of that last sentence, try to spot it.

Reuxben

No comments: