Saturday, October 21, 2023

FanArt_ink.Chains

 
MTGinktober links up with Day 21, "Chains," starring Massacre Girl and Angrath, the Flame-Chained!
 

Ah, man this was a tough one to concept--I almost mulliganned it completely (and I did have to restart after my initial gesture draft just wasn't working) for my backup idea of just featuring the lunatic from the Chinese alternate-art Sanitarium Skeleton, but I managed to work that in and go ahead with these two.  And that's after a lengthy process of figuring out who to draw in the first place--I almost went with Poly-K to knock out some Face the Hydra, but I hate hydras.

Fun Facts: This is Angrath's MTGinktober debut, but I play him almost daily in my BR Explorer deck, which clued me into using his chibi version for inspiration here, since that's my deck's sleeve, not to mention the Year of the Ox edition for added clarity on some of the costuming.  Massacre Girl makes her sophomore appearance at long last after several years away.  With the inclusion of a region-locked version of a card, that leaves just about one or two remaining Magic expressions before I'll have drawn them all. 

Easter Eggs:  As mentioned, the background is from the Chinese alternate-art Sanitarium Skeleton.  This Massacre Girl is sort of a mix of all the different versions she's got since the main Chris Rallis one is a little tough to read in parts--notably she gets her spiked choker from Tsubonari and her pants from MiDQN.

Reuxben

No comments: