Thursday, October 12, 2023

FanArt_ink.Spicy

MTGinktober sears into Day 12, "Spicy," starring Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar; Dina, Soul Steeper; Chandra, Hope's Beacon; and Atsushi, the Blazing Sky!

This was another mercifully light one, so my hand can recover, as the pain of this marathon endurance test is certainly starting to set in.  It was a toss up between having Dina serving some terrible tea or Asmo hitting with some atrocious entrĂ©e, and food made more sense.  Plus the idea of Chandra crying from spicy food was a bonus attraction to this concept, since she famously cries in her latest card.

Fun Facts:  It looks like the official prompt has the typo "Spicey," which maybe subconsciously inspired this composition since the idea is Asmo had a type on the menu for fresh caught Atsushi, but they thought they were ordering sushi.  Anyway, this is the chef's third MTGinktober appearance, and the brewer's, and I've officially lost count of how many times the favorite firebrand's been featured--though this is the first time I've drawn her in actual fire mode, so I should have all iterations covered at this point.  Atsushi debuts. 

Easter Eggs:  The background elements come from Asmo's card, but there's the "dancing monkey" from The Meathook Massacre, plus another personal goal furthered--I want to draw every kind of card expression available in Magic, and every time I think I've hit them all, I realize there's another, so today we scratch off "Arena-exclusive" from the list via the oinker in Overcooked.  Just a couple more styles of card left, by my count, then I'll truly have drawn them all.

Reuxben

No comments: