Monday, October 17, 2022

FanArt_ink.Salty

 
MTGinktober rages into Day 17, "Salty," starring Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar; Gyome, Master Chef; and Flavor Judge!
 

I could have done another nerd rage piece, but I've definitely done that already, and it's kinda too easy at this point to think of Magic and flipping tables.  So I went with just fuming off at losing, and what better occasion than a cooking contest that presumably can be lost by using too much salt?

Fun Facts:  And who better for this piece than returning chump Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, who makes her second MTGinktober appearance.  I wasn't sure who to cast as the judge, but then I stumbled upon a fowl that fit the bill, perhaps here better than other places.  This was a pretty cathartic piece because I hate losing enough already, but I hate when the winner is also all jolly and oblivious.

Easter Eggs: The dish Gyome made was Gluttonous Slug, apparently seasoned to perfection, and the flame-faced Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar's was Toxrill, the Corrosive--hers is certainly more ambitious, but she has a ton of salt shakers to Gyome's one, and Toxrill's even foaming.  The upper background is a mix of the Iron Chef catchphrase, "Who's Cuisine Reigns Supreme?" and the hooks and "monkey" from The Meathook Massacre.  

Reuxben

No comments: