Tuesday, October 25, 2022

FanArt_ink.Tempting


 
MTGinktober coaxes out Day 25, "Tempting," starring Emry, Lurker of the Loch; Ornithopter (Mathias Kollros version); and Breya, Etherium Shaper!
 

 
Man, just couldn't sleep, so again, woke up late and had another time crunch--gave this one some small updates later--but fortunately while literally tossing and turning, I had plenty of time to plan the piece, and I had two concepts, the first of which turns out is something I already kinda did in two parts, with a figure exploring while Gurmag Angler's dangling dealio entices her. So I went with Emry hyping an artifact to an artifice aficionado. The idea is that Breya can't resist nerding out whenever she sees a new Thopter design. 


Fun Facts: This is Emry's third MTGinktober appearance, and actually Ornithopter's debut, since the last appearance was actually a Thopter token (which is what I intended to draw, but for better composition, changed at the last minute to this more compact Thopter shape). 
 

Also, by my count, this is my 200th MTGinktober illustration!  I didn't complete two runs, and they fell apart around day 25, so this was a doubly significant day since it's usually the day I fall apart, but so far, so good--in a bit of pain, but it's manageable.

Easter Eggs: My name is in the grass in front of Breya's leg.

Reuxben

No comments: