Wednesday, October 19, 2022

FanArt_ink.Ponytail

 
MTGinktober comes in under a hair on Day 19, "Ponytail," starring Monoxa, Midway Manager!

Man, just could not get to sleep, so I was crazy exhausted, I knew we had to go super simple for this one, so it's just a close up of a character.  There were actually a good number of ponytail wearers to choose from, and I almost went with a little twist by drawing Thalia tying her hair up in a ponytail, but that would require too much thinking, so I just went with a standard portrait.  Even then, I wrapped with just a minute or two left on the clock, so it was probably a wise choice.  Also, this is quite a rare instance of my drawing glasses, so fiddly, not good for speed.

Fun Facts:  This is quite a year for Uncards--so far we've had three silver-bordered stars.  I used to think of silver bordered as not "real" Magic, but then Universes Beyond and stuff started coming in to hold Unsets' beer, and well, I'm more begrudgingly accepting of Unsets, though I still am not crazy about them, particularly now that we're in freaking space now?  Come on...what are we doing here?

Easter Eggs: A lot of the latest Uncards have really low quality references available, so maybe it's more legible on the actual card, but it looked like just random scrawling in the illustration, so I just went with a fun little message in Japanese--these were the famous last words one of my favorite opponents said to me when I had him in an inevitable lock-- いみがない, when he had all but given up and was ready to concede, then decided to draw for turn and--imi ga nai (literally there is no meaning)--the card was pointless, he lost.

Reuxben

No comments: