Sunday, October 16, 2022

FanArt_ink.Fowl


MTGinktober fairs against Day 16, "Fowl," starring Bird Maiden and The Raven Man!
 

I usually offer to take a couple requests after Inktober wraps, but didn't last year, however in my yearly round-up post on Imgur, someone requested Bird Maiden, so I've been keeping an eye out for when we might find a good spot for her, and today was just right.  Seeing how happy she is, I knew I wanted to contrast that with a really sour character, so we have that natural narrative tension.


Fun Facts:  A few days ago I wondered if I'd ever drawn a character before they got a card, and today made me realize that I had--The Raven Man!--and here he makes his second MTGinktober appearance, but for the first time as a card, fresh off his debut in Dominaria United.

Easter Eggs:  I wanted the background to reflect their moods, so the ground is dark and dour--the house is from Homicidal Seclusion and above the horizon line is the cheery sky from Bird Maiden's card.

Reuxben

No comments: