Sunday, October 2, 2022

FanArt_ink.Scurry

 
MTGinktober skedaddles into Day 2, "Scurry," starring Soul Warden; Scurry Oak; and Toski, Bearer of Secrets!

 
I try to avoid just using cards that have the prompt in their name, but this felt like a fun enough art order, since I love seeing combos and synergies actually illustrated out, as if they are teammates.

 
Fun Facts: I am not a big fan of straight-up "I play these couple cards and I essentially win," except I do have a pet combo deck that I've had since it was Standard legal, and for now mainly resides in eternal Artisan formats--Vampire Wand, and eventually I would certainly love to draw that combo (in-game and ink-game).

 
Easter Eggs: Don't fret, Heliod's wreath thing means Scurry Oak's ready to roll.  Also Soul Warden's incantations include an Among Us guy, and Toski's tail runes include the middle school gangsta S, the Konami Code, and my signature and a reference to OK Go.

Reuxben

No comments: