Wednesday, October 26, 2022

FanArt_ink.Ego


MTGinktober boasts Day 26, "Ego," starring Almighty Brushwagg; Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen; and Nissa, Sage Animist!


I actually got some rest and was able to wake up early, but I feel like the more straightforward composition lulled me into a false sense of comfort, so it still took the full time just at a reasonable pace, rather than a blistering sprint-marathon as usual.  Plus I had to dog-sit, and that eats up time.  Anyway, I knew I wanted arrogant characters cheek to cheek trying to outdo each other with Brushwagg swooping in for the win himself.  As I understand these elves were originally pretty snooty, but mighta been retconned to be nicer--who knows.  They're rude in my book.


Fun Facts:  This is Dwynen's second MTGinktober appearance and Nissa's fourth appearance.


Easter Eggs:  As it's Algen fan art, we gotta include the swooshy "German B" (ß) so that's one of the plants on Dwynen's tiara thingie.  Also, atop Brushwagg is Arrogant Wurm, but an alternate version John Avon apparently made--I'm not sure the backstory there, but I like that ironically it looks so tiny.  And then chilling on the starring duo's shoulders is Scornful Egotist, of course, a tiny, tiny human. The background is Gaea's Cradle, as the Reserved List and its continued existence is kind of an egomaniacal move.

Reuxben

No comments: