Saturday, October 29, 2022

FanArt_ink.UhOh

 
MTGinktober facepalms into Day 29, "Uh-Oh," starring Judith, the Scourge Diva

 
I've been wanting to draw Judith for a while--not only does she have one of the funnest epithets in Magic, she also has one of the corniest, dorkiest given names in Magic, which is a hilarious pairing.  Anyway, I've sketched her here and there, and have been working on a portrait of her for forever, but now she gets her very own MTGinktober piece.  Although, I feel like I want to update this one a little.
 

 
Fun Facts: This is a rare instance of just one character, and barely a background, to boot--I was originally going to have her picking the Unluckiest Planeswalker from the crowd, but it just didn't line up to give her a dramatic, psychotic pose and also get his reaction.  Plus I wanted to see if less is more, we'll see. My back and hand are hurting quite a bit, but fortunately just a couple more days to clear Inktober.
 
 
Easter Eggs: The stage lights are inspired by Light Up the Stage, but I was going from memory, and wasn't sure what they actually look like and turns out they look totally different!  To be fair, I detest Monored and only ever had the spell played at me, but have never cast it myself.
 
Reuxben

No comments: