Saturday, October 1, 2022

FanArt_ink.Gargoyle


MTGinktober shows its mug once again for Day 1, "Gargoyle," starring Cormela, Glamour Thief (Samy Halim version) and Wakestone Gargoyle!

 
And we're back!  I've got a fresh sketchbook that should be able to handle the year's entire run, uninterrupted, not to mention fresh inkpots, plural, so I should have no shortage of supplies for this run, just need my body to hold out.  I feel so out of practice, but hopefully we snap out of this funk we've been in for some time now.

 
Fun Facts: I thought I might have drawn this particular Gargoyle before, but it was actually on the cutting room floor for "Screech," back in 2017, but just like in this piece, we've got a screaming goyle friend paired with a humanoid anchoring figure.  Anyway, right off the bat, we're hit with an inksplat crisis, but I'd say we handled it well enough, but I remain unable to find a good white ink.
 
 
Easter Eggs: The background is also from Cormela's showcase version.  Also I hadn't thought to have her smooch the not-actually-an-artifact creature, but while hatching during pencils, it looked like a lipstick stain, and that made it more amusing since it kinda looks like he's screaming his head off cuz he's not good with feeling loved.  Tragic, comedic, it's got everything.  I then noticed a similar gag on the actual showcase illustration...so interesting parallel thinking.

Reuxben

No comments: