Tuesday, October 11, 2022

FanArt_ink.Eagle


MTGinktober soars into Day 11, "Eagle," starring Siona, Captain of the Pyleas and Sea Eagle!

 
Couldn't get to bed as early as I'd hoped, so I had to sleep in a little, so we went with a more straightforward one today. I wanted to get out of drawing a potentially highly fussy eagle, so I though about just doing a silhouette, lending itself to intimate the Prometheus myth, but ultimately thought that got a little too grim, given there's already chains involved, so we lightened it up with Siona being doomed to endure tea time with a lackluster conversationalist (Sea Eagle can talk) every day for eternity.  There are worse fates.

 
Fun Facts:  For more time saving, since I had a hunch I'd be cutting it close today, to sell the Prometheus myth, I went for a play on Magic's version of that scene in Chained to the Rocks and then just changed the characters up.  Also I hate tea, so this is a considerably terrible fate, now that I think of it.

 
Easter Eggs:  The pose is obviously Chained to the Rocks, but the background is a mix of that card and Siona's, which has a great coast.  Also Sea Eagle has a little cracker for Tea Time.

Reuxben

No comments: