Saturday, October 15, 2022

FanArt_ink.Armadillo

 
MTGinktober armors up Day 15, "Armadillo," starring Lisette, Dean of the Root and Armadillo Cloak!

I wasn't sure who to draw wearing an Armadillo Cloak, but we went with Lisette cuz her outfit was pretty similar to the character on the enchantment and she'd absolutely slaughter if she ever connected while bossed up thanks to her synergy with the aura's lifelink and trample.  Again, a slow start today, but fortunately my G-Pen was really reliable on the background scales, helping speed things along--I was just going to put some filler lines in to finish off the inkrun before switching to Microns, but it ended up lasting the entire backing.

Fun Facts: In the mad dash to concept this illustration, the idea is she's lecturing students not to laugh at her ridiculous gear, a play on the enchantment's famous flavor text.  I ran out of time for the nerd taking notes in the background, so I don't know if the gag is actually clear anymore, plus her expression was originally more embarrassed and trying to be serious, but I had a last minute mulligan to a more lecturing/scolding take.

Easter Eggs: My signature is just above the knot in the tree.  The background is roughly from Lisette's card, but it was a little hard to read exactly, let alone render.

Reuxben

No comments: