Monday, October 31, 2022

FanArt_ink.Farm

 
MTGinktober puts out to pasture Day 31, "Farm," starring Nahiri, the Harbinger; Bartered Cow; and Blackblade Reforged!
This was definitely a tricky one to end our run on.  I wasn't sure what to draw exactly, but the idea of a character kicking back after putting a long day's work felt apropos.  I then thought of Swords to Plowshares, taking a warrior of the battlefield, so maybe a sword-wielder should be the pick.  I like drawing Nahiri, and this might be my last chance to draw her for MTGinktober, so here she is.
Fun Facts: And with Nahiri's fifth MTGinktober appearance, not to mention Blackblade Reforged's second, we wrap MTGinktober 2022.  This is my 7th run, and my 5th complete series.  According to my calculations, I've done 206 official illustrations, plus a couple bonuses--I usually take a couple requests at the end, if anyone has any good ones.  I don't know if I'll do another run, I am starting to wonder what the point of any of this is, frankly.
 
I will say, I've been in a severe art block for what feels like years now, and I've been trying to force myself to snap out of it, and thought this year's Inktober might do the trick, after last year's felt like such a backfire on motivation.  Well, I feel like I've fallen back in love with art (or rekindled it, if it ever really left) via this run.  I basically stopped paying attention to the news and even listening to podcasts--just music--and I wonder if that made the difference.  But the difficulty is that I feel like I need to be an informed citizen, especially since I always volunteer to talk to voters, and a lot of them just need stuff explained plainly to them.  On top of that, because I draw so slowly, Inktober takes up just about all of my time in October, and I feel like that's costing me time I should be spending on other things--I feel like it's not opening doors, but rather limiting my ability to be available for others. Anyway, I don't know, we'll see what happens. 
Easter Eggs:  The background is Overgrown Farmland, plus a sunset, since this is the last MTGinktober piece, potentially forever.
 
Reuxben

No comments: