Sunday, October 30, 2022

FanArt_ink.Gear


 MTGinktober shifts into Day 30, "Gear," starring Akiri, Fearless Voyager and Greasefang's Bike (TAPIOCA version)! 
 
 
This is the illustration I've been waiting for over a year to draw!  I knew pretty much exactly what I wanted to do here, so I even got to sleep in a little, and rest my back, which is feeling better, but still some residual pain, though I expect to make the final day just fine.
 
 
Fun Facts: I've seen Akira many, many times, having studied it for a college course, and I still can't quite remember what it's about or how to describe it, kinda like Ghibli films.  I should probably check it out again some time.  Also, the hardest part of this piece was getting the bike to work in this perspective--there's a slight twist, so that's the only thing that really gave me trouble.  Everything else was mercifully straightforward--funnily enough, the figure was the least of my concerns for once.

 
Easter Eggs: This is of course a reference to the famous Akira slide. I like the Citizen sticker since there are Citizens in Magic, but it's just coincidental, though I made sure to include it on Greasefang's bike's tagged up section (which I noticed is made to look like a rat).  I hid the name of my classmate, who's really into Otomo, in the bushes as a dedication.  My name's there, too, but it's a perfunctory signature  Also, I decided to match the shot with goggles, so we went with Pyromancer's Goggles, of course.

Reuxben

No comments: