Thursday, October 13, 2022

FanArt_ink.Kind

 
MTGinktober regards Day 13, "Kind," starring The Wandering Emperor and Yoshimaru, Ever Faithful!
 
 
I have basically just been listening to music all month since I can't seriously concentrate on making illustrations while listening to spoken word--so no podcasts, unfortunately--but I wanted to make time to check out  today's quasi-final January 6th Committee Hearing, so I had to plan to go for something much simpler--a pretty tight close up with basic posing.  And as anticipated, it was impossible to draw and listen to such gripping speech, so our simplified approach came in clutch.

 
Fun Facts:  This is both characters' debuts, but we have had Isamaru--who also appeared on a politically adjacent illustration, oddly enough.
 
 
Easter Eggs: The background is a rainy take on the background from Omae, and as the final part of illustrating this, I literally signed this puppy on his elbow, though to help obscure the date a little better I used Japanese numbers, though no kanji.  The muzzle, lick, and expression were based on some photos of my fellow former Sky Higher, Brian Kibler and the late Shiro.

Reuxben

No comments: