Sunday, October 3, 2021

FanArt_ink.VesselPumpkin

 
MTGinktober floats over and pumps into Day 3 "Vessel Pumpkin," starring Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain and Weatherlight!

 
Man, this was the first tricky one!  I thought I had this killer concept, but then upon looking up the definition of Vessel, just to double check that it could mean basically any kind of vehicle, it became just about intolerable to stretch the definition to anything but a sea- or air-faring vehicle, so I had to scramble for an alternate idea.

 
Fun Facts:  This is Jhoira's second MTGinktober appearance, though this one is focused on her Brad Rigney interpretation, which wasn't around back in 2016.  This is also my first time warping a character--if you can call The Weatherlight a character--so radically. I noticed it kinda looked like a pumkin, so I made it more evidently into one.

 
Easter Eggs:  The background is from the old Ice Age Brushland, which I've never forgotten has pumpkins for some reason--and no, we're never taking the easy way out.

Reuxben

No comments: