Monday, October 18, 2021

FanArt_ink.Moon(II)Skeleton

MTGinktober rises and rises again to Day 18, "Moon (II) Skeleton," starring Gutterbones and Kami of the Crescent Moon!

Our second shot at Moon, and I'm a sucker for self-destruction.  I could have done a Sailor Moon spoof with Liliana and various skeletons clawing at her, but no, I have to do an Abbott and Costello riff.  I dunno.  I guess I hate dumbing stuff down for vast appeal...but then again, why am I participating in Inktober if not to entertain people?  I don't see this month as self-improvement, more as an annual test of my abilities and knowledge, so it's not something deeply personal, I do this to entertain others, so why self-sabotage? 

Fun Facts:  I never thought I'd draw these two creatures, as I don't enjoy drawing ugly/freaky characters, certainly not anything with horns, but the fat-guy/skinny-guy comedy duo lined up perfectly with these prompt words, so these two odd bedfellows make their MTGinktober debut reenacting Who's on First.  I did initially want to go with Laurel and Hardy, who had funnier poses, but I've always been a bigger fan of Abbott and Costello and this routine in particular, and the costumes clinched it.

Easter Eggs:  The mountain design in the background comes from the Secret Lair version of KCM.  The St. Louis Wolves twist references St. Traft and Innistrad's wolf/werewolf population.  The bat says "Ludevic Slugger," like Louisville Sluggers.

Reuxben

No comments: