Saturday, October 16, 2021

FanArt_ink.CompassCurse

 
MTGinktober navigates and besmirches Day 16, "Compass Curse," starring Kari Zev, Skyship Raider and Thaumatic Compass!

 
A little tricky, but I landed on a character surrounded by the various cursed items in Magic.  I briefly considered knocking out a long-standing request I've had for Arvad the Cursed, but I frankly don't want to draw tough guys right now.  Anyway, this new nib I'm using hasn't been terribly cooperative, but I wonder if it's just cuz my ink is chunky with age, making ink flow tougher--getting super fine details is harder with this temperamental nib.  I hate that I have to spell everything out in the pencils, otherwise I lose track of what to do at inks...see the ropes, for instance.

 
Fun Facts: This is Kari Zev's second MTGinktober appearance, the first of which I was really excited about, but it is one of my worst performing pieces of all time, a result which has always disappointed me.  I definitely feel like I blew it on this piece, too...I just couldn't figure out an expression, but at least the right hand looked nice. 

 
Easter Eggs: The Unluckiest Planeswalker makes his debut via Lynde, Cheerful Tormentor's doll, and strewn about are Cursed Mirror, Cursed Scroll, and Cursed Totem.

Reuxben

No comments: