Friday, October 22, 2021

FanArt_ink.OpenAngel

MTGinktober reveals and floats Day 22, "Open Angel," starring Exalted Angel!

I just couldn't sleep so I knew I was going into this one pretty tired and on severely limited time, so rather than a neat little scene of an Angel waiting for Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar to open her curbside eatery, we went with a dramatically more straightforward concept of a morph shell popping a real OG out.

Fun Facts: While I tend to try to give less famous legends time to shine, it's always neat when I can draw a non-legendary altogether, and this is one of the few that contains no legends at all, in fact--I had considered plopping Ixidor somewhere, but there just wasn't time.  Anyway, I loved getting back to some hatching on the armor thingy.  And I just got some new ink supplies in, so I'm eager to give those a spin as MTGinktober winds down.

Easter Eggs: The morph shell here is based on one of the very worst cards in all of Magic, Break Open.  Also, while we try to run a buttoned-up show around here, we relaxed that a bit here given the prompt.

Reuxben

No comments: