Saturday, October 9, 2021

FanArt_ink.PressureFlashback

 
MTGinktober imposes upon and recalls Day 9, "Pressure Flashback," starring Killian, Ink Duelist!
 

This was another tough one, since I've been so exhausted and need some breathing room to sleep, but that just cuts down on drawing time, so these recent pieces have had to be more limited in scope, though I have wanted to make a conscious effort to stop hatching as much and just go more for solid shapes and fills, to see if that improves things.

Fun Facts:  I dunno, I feel like we coulda done a better concept, so I'm not terribly happy with this one, but it was tough to crunch out something more interesting beyond--what inadvertently turned out to be--a bit of a camera rotation on the appropriately named Crushing Disappointment.  I studied the key art for Killian mostly, and his actual card for the costuming, though.

 
Easter Eggs: It felt like making the background Bump in the Night fit pretty well into a reasonable scenario Killian might be involved in during a late night studying, so that's what we went with.

Reuxben

No comments: