Sunday, October 24, 2021

FanArt_ink.ExtinctAutumn

MTGinktober dies off and falls on Day 24, "Extinct Autumn," starring Phage the Untouchable and Braids, Cabal Minion!

Man, I ended up waking up late so we just had to blast through this one a little more haphazardly than I had hoped for, as a sequel to our first fall fashion piece, though fortunately I had spent the early hours wrangling fashion references.  In any case, I was happy with Phage's outfit, at least, but kinda ran out of time to work on Braids's costume.  

Fun Facts:  This is both characters' first MTGinktober appearances.  I was always on the fence about drawing Braids since there's so little to go off of, and she's kinda creepy looking, and Phage is also a little tricky in the regular costuming department, but things lined up well enough here.  The conceit here is that they are both dead characters that kill people, so it's like they are extinct and agents of such.

Easter Eggs: The background is loosely from Autumnal Gloom, one of my favorite cards when it comes to atmosphere.

Reuxben

No comments: