Friday, October 1, 2021

FanArt_ink.CrystalFungus


MTGinktober twinkles and molds back over to overtake Day 1 "Crystal Fungus" starring Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer; Slimefoot, the Stowaway; and That Which Was Taken!  
 
I'm actually excited to get back into this, and since we now have an official Magic prompt list, I'll try to mix both the official Inktober list and the Magic one, hence a revolutionary, two-word prompt!
 
 
Man, I was seriously worried, and even a little frightened to get back into Inktober--I physically didn't feel ready, but I can't tell you how serene I felt as soon as my G-Pen hit the paper.  It was just so soothing, and the world just fades away--I really feel like I can do this.

 
I always feel like I forget how to draw, and some of the hesitance and nervousness remains, but I really feel like I've reconnected with something just hunkering down on this illustration, so I'm optimistic about the rest of the run. 

 
Fun Facts: I was blown away at how relatively quickly this illustration went!  Huge credit to this (literally) little notebook I received that I'm drawing in.  It forces me to make smaller, less labor-intensive illustrations, so I can't get carried away with too elaborate of an illustration, meaning less all-consuming hours are likely this month.

Easter Eggs: Of course, there's not a lot of space for a background, but they're hanging out in the cave in Crystal Vein--a card whose art I've always disliked, but felt I had to include to fit more crystalline elements into this illustration.
 
Let's-a go,

Reuxben

No comments: