Thursday, October 14, 2021

FanArt_ink.TickCoven

  
MTGinktober counts down and gathers collectively into Day 14, "Tick Coven," starring Sigarda, Champion of Light and Kwain, Itinerant Meddler!

Back to the tricky prompts, but while I was considering using Kwain as a Rabbit analog to a Winnie the Pooh spoof for Stuck, we finally have a home for him here. 

Fun Facts: These two were just printed this year, this Sigarda being only weeks old.  More importantly, this is the first piece with scary splotches--on the wing and thankfully only below the face, blobs of ink plooped out, so we ended up needing to use heavier blacks to mask those...I've been using a new nib since Sour, and it's been rougher than I was hoping for--there was even a paper tear, with a layer of paper lifting a bit off the page just near Kwain's chin on the clock, something that's never happened before.  I wonder if it's the paper or the ink that's not cooperating; it's felt grindy. 

Easter Eggs: One of the clocks I studied for reference said Quartz, so I just changed it to Quandrix.

Reuxben

No comments: