Sunday, October 1, 2023

FanArt_ink.Dream

 
MTGinktober snoozes into Day 1, "Dream," starring Obyra, Dreaming Duelist and Lurrus of the Dream-Den!

 
Oh, boy, it's that time again, hoping to put on a good show this Inktober.  Kinda bummed out how crickets we got on our roundup post--I usually get a bit more engagement--but we must press onward.  Anyway, this is my first Inktober on my new workflow, which includes using Clip Studio Paint as my digital prep program and my phone as my digicam, plus my new laptop negotiating with my trusty scanner, which is still holding up fine.  So far, so good--CSP even has a handy dust-remover function that I am definitely loving.

 
Fun Facts:  This is Lurrus's second MTGinktober appearance, while Obyra's fresh from the currently most resent premier set, Wilds of Eldraine.  I almost did a similar composition out of parallel thinking to that original Lurrus piece, oddly enough.  But this is kind of a tribute to our old cat who just passed, plus our newer cat who has joined us as a true pet since the last run--back then she was a wild animal surviving on the mean streets!  But we adopted her and she is enjoying the indoor life!

 
Easter Eggs:  The background is from the classic Carl Critchlow Underworld Dreams.

Reuxben

No comments: