Thursday, October 19, 2023

FanArt_ink.Plump

MTGinktober beefs up Day 19, "Plump," starring Liliana, Heretical Healer and Garruk Relentless!

I had three solid ideas for this one, but this quick and easy meme spoof won out since it was the most straightforward and let me catch up on sleep and resting my hand.  The other leading contenders were Nin pinching Pir's chubby cheek or The Dryad from Vine Trellis going after Eriette's Tempting Apple, Lure style, but this one I knew I could churn out, and this was done in record time--the sun wasn't even setting. 

Fun Facts:  Unintentional, but these are two flip walkers, making this a full DFC party.  And this is actually Lil'iana and Garruk's second time MTGinktobering together (with these same flip iterations, to boot, though this is the Grzegorz Rutkowski From the Vault version to get him without his dumb helmet), but it's Liliana's ninth appearance herself--and of those, it's Lil's fifth time on the show, taking the lead.  If it's not clear I'm not into drawing hulking dudes, this is only Garruk's third showing.  I thought about using Chandra and Gideon here, but I can't stand Gideon, and these two have a vague lore connection.

Easter Eggs:  This composition is of course based on the "girl stares at muscular guy" meme.  The background is based on Garruk's card.  My sig is hidden in the shoulder fuzz. 

Reuxben

No comments: