Saturday, October 12, 2024

FanArt_ink.Remote

MTGinktober keeps at arm's length Day 12, "Remote," starring Suspicious Stowaway!

I had an image of a really noiry feel for this illustration and an anti-social character sorta being reclusive, so I went with one of my favorite pet cards, Suspicious Stowaway (who I'd frequently jam into Standard decks) as the star, though I coulda easily gone with a few alternatives.  I even was close to defaulting to Marit Lage or Progenitus if all else failed--like the initial drawing wasn't coming together.  Fortunately it flowed pretty well, so all that was left was to take it to final as well as we could.  Thankfully, I was thus able to pace myself a little easier since I'm definitely starting to feel the marathon's fatigue.

Fun Facts:  This is a rare image in that it's mainly anchored almost exclusively on one card, just exploring the scene.  I went with Suspicious Stowaway, who makes her MTGinktober debut here, of course, because she has such a moody setting, and the idea is that she's mentally and physically remote--she's hiding from the crew, and doesn't really get emotionally involved with people anyway, as she's hiding out on this boat in the middle of who knows where.  They're all running from something, after all.

Easter Eggs:  As long as we're hiding out, I felt it would be neat to hide a little Fblthp, the Lost (自然にクロサワテツ版。) in there, too.

Reuxben

No comments: