Tuesday, October 8, 2024

FanArt_ink.Hike

MTGinktober treks into Day 8, "Hike," starring Nahiri, the Harbinger and Sorin, Lord of Innistrad!

This one was almost sorta what we were thinking for the extremely similar prompt a couple days ago, Trek, though I had a few other ideas to keep it distinct from the vexingly similar prompt, including a sequel to our Run piece, but again, it simply felt too similar to what we almost literally just drew.  So I just went with some of my two favorite bitter characters yelling at each other--I figure they try to work things out by going on hikes together, but then they always spiral into a feud and screaming at each other to go take a hike, and then they're back at square one.

Fun Facts:  This is Nahiri's seventh MTGinktober appearance, including her third with Sorin, who has only ever appeared when with Nahiri, actually.  We didn't sequel Run, but as you can see, this is a close composition to Massive, which was a joy to draw.   

Easter Eggs:  Since they're hiking, I wanted to give them staves, so given their white overlap, I gave them the Magus staff for their distinct color, so she gets a Staff of the Flame Magus and he gets a Staff of the Death Magus.  But since they're collectively Mardu, I set the background as a combination of Savai Triome plus that of Massacre Totem, which I've been trying for years to get into an illustration to continue the journey to get every Magic Expression--Battle the Horde down. 

Reuxben

No comments: