Friday, October 11, 2024

FanArt_ink.Snacks

MTGinktober munches into Day 11, "Snacks," starring Melira, Sylvok Outcast; Melira's Snacks; the Three Little Pigs; and Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar!

In the research phase, I stumbled across a card called Melira's Snacks, and instantly knew I wanted to draw that, as it helps cross off another expression from our "Expressions of Magic" checklist and I haven't drawn Melira in a while.  I've already drawn a Test Card for Bad Dog, and even a blank Test Card for Trek, but Melira's Snacks is a blank, frameless card, so I don't know what that means, but it's a card expression I haven't drawn yet, and this should lock up all the kinds of test cards there are so far. 

Fun Facts:  For the scenario, I wanted Melira's third run to be her joyfully treating her pals, and the Three Little Pigs would be thrilled to chow down, but her bud Asmo--who makes her fourth MTGinktober appearance--couldn't help but be snooty about anyone else's culinary endeavors.  This is only the Second Little Pig's namesake MTGinktober appearance.

Easter Eggs:  Some favorite foods here, including those OG Food Token jelly cookies and croissant (which debuted in the fully original prompt, "Snack,"...c'mon, Jake...).  Plus a personal favorite in that concha, though we always called it, "Mexican bread," and only relatively recently learned it has a real name, aside from "melon pan," I guess.  And then the WOE Gingerbrute--who makes his second-and-a-half appearance--is piecing together he's about to get got.

Reuxben

No comments: