Saturday, October 5, 2024

FanArt_ink.Binoculars

MTGinktober scopes out Day 5, "Binoculars," starring Selvala, Explorer Returned!

All right, this was a little tricky to concept, as I didn't just want a goggled character, so we went with a Scout in a tree, which is a familiar scenario.  I kinda wish I had a buddy for her, but wasn't really sure who to co-star with her or how that could work into the composition, so it was just a character one-shot, which we don't do that often.

Fun Facts: This is Selvala's second MTGinktober appearance, and her first appearance this decade!  I've always thought her debut art was so cool, particularly her restful pose in Secrets of Paradise--love seeing characters depicted in their off time, just hanging out--and it was great to be able to draw her in a little closer focus. 

Easter Eggs: Since I wanted something a little more for the piece, I worked in Utopia Tree fruit, which makes its third MTGinktober appearance, oddly enough.

Reuxben

No comments: