Tuesday, October 1, 2024

FanArt_ink.Backpack

 
MTGinktober packs for the long haul for Day 1, "Backpack," starring Thalia, Guardian of Thraben (Hannes's Secret Lair version); The Gitrog Monster; and Parcel Myr!
 
Eager to get Inktober rolling, and while I always feel extremely nervous--I often feel like throwing up before hopping on this rollercoaster--like phone-bankinng, it really eases up once you get into the flow of it.  So hoping for a good run, and for no injuries.  I strained my back a few days ago, so that's made it slightly troublesome, but I expect to be bounce back in a couple days, mainly concerned with keeping my hands and arms in good condition.

 
All right, we're back in action and leading off with Thalia of all character!  Gotta hurry to catch the VP debate, though, so no time to dwell.  Update--popping back to edit some links in, but hey, the debate went pretty well!  Not as smashing as I'd hope--I feel like Gov. Walz treated his opponent as just any other reasonable candidate rather than a polished yet nevertheless radical, alien, and significant threat should he ever have to take office.

 
Fun Facts: This is Thalia's fifth MTGinktober appearance, one of the vets from the original run in fact, and the Gitrog's second, having debuted with Thalia in one of last year's most enjoyable pieces.  I've drawn various Myr numerous times, but never any repeats, so far.

 
Easter Eggs: Gotta hide the "swooshy B" (ß) in any Algen jam, so it's on the tag of the Gitrog backpack.  The background comes from Hannes's more zoomed-out Thalia Secret Lair art plus Thalia and The Gitrog Monster on the left, as well as Paraselene's moon.  The runes on the backpack straps come from the Bloomburrow Imagine Critters version of The Gitrog Monster.  And then since this is a little special, I hid my signature and the date in Japanese within Parcel Myr's runes--also while drawing this I learned Parcel Myr has runes.
 
Reuxben

No comments: