Wednesday, October 16, 2024

FanArt_ink.Grungy

MTGinktober shoegazes at Day 16, "Grungy," starring Domri Rade; Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief; and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts!

I knew I had to throw it back to our fashion crew with this one since it's so applicable to an aesthetic I'm forever a fan of--sorry Gisa, this was also a great prompt for you, but I know you'll get a chance to shine this year eventually.  These guys have all had several newer cards, but their original appearances look the coolest to me, so we're keeping the OGs.

Fun Facts:  This is this trio's third MTGinktober appearance together, but individually, it's Domri's sixth spot, it is Drana's fourth, and it's Teysa's third--the only one who hasn't solo'd or anchored a piece, yet.  And while I'm not actually a fan of grunge music per se, a lot of bands I love like them, and I love rock music in general, so I was eager to draw its heyday fashion.

Easter Eggs:  As is tradition with these pieces, we carve our name into Domri's gently tossed pumpkin. His hat has the Gruul logo, of course, but his shirt is a reference to the grungiest music I enjoy, which is merely grunge-adjacent, Jimmy Eat World's Static Prevails album, which you can see was the original reference, but I deemed it not grunge enough.  And then I always reference the old background--literally, I had the two prior pieces up while drawing to make sure I kept the composition on-theme.

Reuxben

No comments: