Monday, October 14, 2024

FanArt_ink.Roam

MTGinktober mosies on up Day 14, "Roam," starring Miriam, Herd Whisperer; Andrios, Roaming Explorer; and Ox of Agonas!

Can't believe I totally forgot to photograph the pencils on this one!  If ever there were a piece I'd really benefit from having the pencils to help me out, it's this shade-intensive one.  I kept looking up while inking to consult my pencils, which I usually have up in CSP, for guidance on the ox's fur or Miriam's costume, to no avail.  Repeatedly!  Anyway, this was a nice little illustration that yet contends with the trend this year of every other prompt being about people traveling, this time cowboy-themed.

Fun Facts:  I've drawn a Heroes of the Realm card before, but this is our first real guest-starring role, versus a sorta incidental role as last time. I was so close to scratching off a newfound Magic expression via one of the new Bounty cards, but Miriam was just too perfect for this prompt.  Everyone debuts here, though I feel like I've drawn the Ox before, but apparently not. 

Easter Eggs:  The background is from Transmogrifying Wand.  And then today's signature is split with the date in Andrios's display, and then my name on Miriam's bag.

Reuxben

No comments: