Thursday, October 24, 2019

FanArt_ink.Dizzy


MTGinktober spins into Day 24, "Dizzy," starring Prophet of Kruphix!


Yeah, this was a really tough one, man, I just couldn't think of anything! I had thought maybe something involving a dementia summoner hypnotizing someone, or even just involving Sadistic Hypnotist or Hypnotic Specter, but I dunno, that didn't really feel like the way to go. The general idea was to hypnotize the viewer, but beyond that, I didn't really know who to cast or what exactly to draw.


Fun Facts: Prophet of Kruphix is dear to me because for a while I had a little jank Standard deck with her to enable an instant Tromokratis so I could Chandra's Ignition it to wipe the board on my turn with counter backup and then swing assuredly for the win. I call these kinds of "creature + attachment = instant win" decks, which I have a fondness for, "Splinter Twin" decks. Most recently, my win of choice was a life-linking Famished Paladin and a Sorcerer's Wand.


Easter Eggs: Nothing really, as this is a pretty spare illustration, but the little smoking platter things are from the original card (tried to work in the promo version, but again, there just wasn't a whole lot to work with). I hid my signature in the one on the right, so there's that at least.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: