Saturday, October 19, 2019

FanArt_ink.Sling


MTGinktober quick-draws into Day 19, "Sling," starring the Goblin fodder from Sling-Gang Lieutenant!


Man, oh, man, this was a fast one. I was so behind schedule from exhaustion and prepping yesterday's post, I only had about two hours to turn this one around. I'm satisfied with how it turned out, as it looks presentable and has a couple interesting ideas going on, like the crazed expression and the fish-eye perspective, but there's no denying there's a lot of jankiness going on.


Fun Facts: There are various oversights due to severe time constraints--note how loose the pencils are. I can write off the asymmetrical outfit to it being a disheveled goblin (and indeed I initially wanted to make his head weirdly shaped), but I straight-up forgot parts of the costume, like the goggle straps and the other leg and hand armor. I even live-inked in a lake for more visual variety.


Easter Eggs: He's holding a bonsai tree as reference to his kamikaze mission.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: