Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Fun_GreenOcean


A lonely monument.


You know, sometimes I save these before the idea is fully fleshed out, in the "splash colors and shapes on the canvas and see what emerges" phase. So I believe I saved this one when it was looking like I was painting a green ocean or something.


In any case, I did this one a while ago, but had always wanted to revisit it since it felt like it could look really neat if given some more time to bake.


I particularly took the time to develop the clouds and do some more experimental lighting, and I even cut a version with runic light beams.


The other big objective here was to do more convincing green grass in a purple context, since our last attempt felt just a little too fantastical.


Anyway, this is the original version I posted to the daily sites, Twitter and Instagram.


And this is a neat black and white version of our final.

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: