Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Fun_Chups


I was talking about Ixalan when the topic of Chupacabras came up, and thought it'd be neat to draw a "cute" Chupa.


This piece originally started with the snowy mountain background, actually.


But I wanted to include a figure, and one that is super close-up on the camera. No closer than that.


And I thought of my little doogy, who does that super close-up thing when I try to take photos of her, so that's who I modeled this little chupa after--down to that strand of fur across the little nosie, and the really pink eye sockets.


Ok, it was originally a generic goat/reindeer-type animal, but it morphed into a chupacabra after thinking how rando it would be to have blood everywhere, particularly because of this cute little dooder.


So that's how this piece came to be. Plus I am so sick of hot weather at this point...maybe I'll see snow again some day...

Not normal,

Reuxben

No comments: