Monday, October 16, 2023

FanArt_ink.Angel

MTGinktober bes not afraid of Day 16, "Angel," starring Karmic Guide and Sanctum Prelate in Hannes Mode, obviously!

This was such a treat to work on--I even got a little emotional in the process, just thinking about the past and everything (though, our My Chemical soundtrack--among others--certainly wasn't/was helping).  Anyway, I'm glad how this turned out, as it felt special while making it. 

Fun Facts:  While this is each character's MTGintkober debut, it's not our first full-Hannes fan art, nor even the only one with his signature sakura.  But there's this painting by Ernest Chiriaka that I've always wanted to study and this was a perfect opportunity to channel the utter placidity captured in Sphere of Safety, which itself hearkens back to perhaps my absolute favorite Magic illustration, Commander's Authority.

Easter Eggs:  As always with Algenpfanart, we gotta toss the swooshy B (ß) in there--this one's in the tree trunk.  And since Hannes wrote a Haiku for his Secret Lair release, I tried my hand at one, too, utilizing most of da rules that Tofugu was nice enough to spell out.

古池や
絶対帰還
できません。

Reuxben

No comments: