Sunday, October 15, 2023

FanArt_ink.Dagger

MTGinktober takes a stab at Day 15, "Dagger," starring Kaya, Ghost Assassin and Royal Assassin!

I hit upon a Spy vs. Spy spoof a little later in the concepting phase, but the tricky thing was casting it.  I went with two B/W assassins for maximum mirroring, including my all-time favorite Royal--back when I started out this guy was unstoppable at stopping attackers--our little kitchen table crew just folded to it.  One memorable victory was against this really conceited know-it-all type, who just relentlessly kept attacking into my active Royal, as if he'd break through via sheer force of will with his giant guys attacking one per turn...like he was gonna tire out Royal!

Fun Facts:  This is Kaya's third MTGinktober appearance.  Meanwhile we inch closer to our goal of drawing every kind of Magic card expression with our latest feat--stickers, to play up the zany cartoony nature of this Spy vs. Spy spirit.  These come from Slimy Burrito Illusion, Wild Ogre Bupkis, and Unglued Pea-Brained Dinosaur.

Easter Eggs: Their weapons of choice are Dowsing Dagger and Quick-Draw Dagger.  I've long tried to make Dowsing Dagger work in Historic with Gilded Goose in particular, but whenever it pops off, I never have anything to do with all that mana or I jumped through too many hoops to capitalize on it--it's kinda not worth it, but we keep trying.

Reuxben

No comments: