Friday, October 27, 2023

FanArt_ink.Beast

MTGinktober affectionately crashes into Day 27, "Beast," starring Amalia Benavides Aguirre and Affectionate Indrik!

I was absolutely eager to draw this yet-unreleased Vampire the moment I saw her, and fortunately the prompt lined up with a creature that would gravitate towards her.  Combo with some more sketches strewn about and we have a winning composition.

Fun Facts:  This is not the first time we've drawn an officially previewed, yet-unreleased card, and it's always a bit of a thrill.  And I decided to start up my next sketchbook with her as I had a hunch this one would be special, and indeed it is.  Plus I apparently have another sketchbook in the wings after this one--I thought I was down to my last one.  So plenty of paper to get to.

Easter Eggs:  Her doodles (or the Beast's?) are Arboreal GrazerRavenous Chupacabra; Lovestruck Beast (which inspired the hearts motif); Craterhoof Behemoth (in kid mode, which inspired the rest's naive stylings); and Yannik, Scavenging Sentinel, who I've been wanting to draw. 

Reuxben

No comments: