Saturday, October 7, 2023

FanArt_ink.Drip

MTGinktober styles into Day 7, "Drip," starring Domri Rade; Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief; and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts!

I always look forward to these fashion-centric prompts, and this was an easy decision--to use the slang for drip rather than an actual water-themed piece, though in that case I mighta gone with Emry.  The only tough part was deciding on outfits, and then I was on the fence about changing it up by using water-themed characters or flashing back to these three.  They just need to have easily readable heads since I couldn't rely on their outfits to sell the characters, which is a bit of a shame for Magic character design.

Fun Facts:  Why these three?  Well, this is a sequel to a piece from 2017!  So while this is personal favorite PW Domri's sixth MTGinktober appearance, it's Drana's third rodeo, and only Teysa's second, but I would definitely like to draw her in her own illustration some time.

Easter Eggs:  The composition is from the 2017 "Fall" piece, down to tossing the signature-etched pumpkin and Domri repping the Gruul logo on his headwear.  I added the Supreme logo spoof, as I understand that it's a high-end fashion goof. 

Reuxben

No comments: